Explore Waynesville is owned and operated by Blue Ridge Mountain Life, LLC ("Blue Ridge Mountain Life", "we" or "our" or "BRML").
We run our business on the basis of trust and we want to be fully open with you about how we run our company, earn income, and use any information you provide to us.
All income is earned through:
- Selling our own products
- Affiliate commissions
- Services we provide
We participate in various affiliate programs, including (but not limited to) Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, which is an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites and products.
All of the products for which we receive affiliate commissions are ones that we believe in, and in many cases, either own or have tested ourselves. Often, they are products we use frequently when out and about.
Regarding our Advertising Partnerships, we only work with trusted and reputable advertising networks.
In addition, we will ensure the treatment and design of advertising and sponsored content are clearly separated from our editorial content.
We may reject or remove any sponsored content at any time that contains false, deceptive, potentially misleading, or illegal content; or is inconsistent with or may tend to bring disparagement, harm to reputation, or other damage to our Blue Ridge Mountain Life brand and our associated websites (like this one!).
NO RENDERING OF ADVICE. Everything on this website is provided for informational purposes only.
Our content is based on research from various sources, including books, websites, our own experience, and industry experts. We make every reasonable effort to make ensure the information presented in our content is accurate and current; however, we do not warrant that any of the information is complete, accurate, complete, error-free, reliable, or current. We assume no responsibility whatsoever for any errors or omissions in any content presented on this website or any other platform(s) we place content on, or any links to any other web resources in any of our content.
Everything you try for yourself should be contingent upon your own research and good judgment. We always recommend consulting a professional first.
The materials on our websites are provided “as is.” We make no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaim and negate all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
Further, we do not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on our website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site and others we own.
Hiking and being outdoors are dangerous activities. We assume no responsibility or liability and provide NO WARRANTIES, PROMISES, or GUARANTEES that the Activity and areas we discuss on this website are safe for your family or yourself. It is solely your responsibility to determine whether you think the areas discussed on this website exposes your family or yourself to an unreasonable risk of harm or loss;
Personal Information We Collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
“Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers) , email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
- We may collect information from you, such as your first name, last name, and email address when you sign up to receive our emails and downloadable files.
- We may collect information from you, such as your first and last name, email and mailing addresses, password, and other profile information when you create an account to log in to our platforms (an “Account”). We may also retain information on your behalf, such as files that you store using your Account.
- We may collect your email address if you choose to provide us with it in an application or in connection with use of one of our products.
- We may collect information from you, such as your first and last name, email, mailing address, and reservation information, when you submit a reservation for a product.
- When you order our product(s), we (and/or our third party payment processors) will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, credit card information, billing information, and shipping information.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via email, we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in the email, in order to send you a reply.
- When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing Your Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site--you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
- Google's use of advertising cookies enables it and its partners to serve ads to your users based on their visit to your sites and/or other sites on the Internet.
- Notify your site visitors of the third-party vendors and ad networks serving ads on your site.
- Provide links to the appropriate vendor and ad network websites.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by mail using the details provided below:
Blue Ridge Mountain Life, LLC
Atten: Legal Dept
P.O. Box 1617
Maggie Valley, NC, 28751, United States
Last Updated: 4/18/2023